mingetty autologin

I'm trying to enable autologin on a slax based embedded linux (for a
kiosk device). I changed inittab this way:

original:

c1:1235:respawn:/sbin/agetty 38400 tty1 linux

to:

c1:1235:respawn:/sbin/mingetty --noclear --autologin=root tty1

On reboot, instead of autologin, on console 1 i see:

Welcome..
slax login: root (automatic login)
Password:

and asks me the password. So autologin automatically writes user but
not password. What's the problem?? :-( The same happens if I use
another user.

Re: mingetty autologin

Look at this, maybe could help
http://www.koansoftware.com/it/art.php?art33 %