memory leak tool...

hi

we developp a c programm in a embedded system (sixnet machine)

i would like to know which tool can use to analyse memory leak

thanks

Reply to
collinm

You're asking this in a Linux Embedded group, so I presume you are using Linux on this board. And under Linux, we have Valgrind.

--
Regards,

Fester
Reply to
Fester

OP is on a sixnet machine, which appears to use PowerPC.

While there exists a Valgrind PowerPC port, it is nowhere near as ready for "production" use as x86 Valgrind is.

Also, VG is very "heavy" and may not run well (op at all) in memory-constrained environments.

Besides, all that's required for memory leak detection is a simple malloc replacement, e.g. dmalloc, ccmalloc, or google malloc

Cheers,

Remove /-nsp/ for email.
Reply to
Paul Pluzhnikov

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but you could compile with mpatrol which is a way to find errors in dynamic memory allocation etc.

Taco Walstra

Maybe this will help:

Best Regards,

coll> hi