Actual unused memory

We just fixed a memory leak problem in our embedded application, the output result of MemWatch shows no more memory leak in our code any longer. However when observing free memory in the system through "free" command, the free memory keeps decreasing and then rebound back to a bigger free level then keeps decreasing again.

I believe this is because of the memory management mechanism of Linux, but is there a way to tell the real free memory on the system?

We use Linux 2.4.31 on a MIPS architecture.

Thanks, Marco Wang

Reply to
Marco Wang