mobile linux

Hi, i am new to embedded linux.

can anybody help me how embedded linux comes into picture in mobile handset?

we are listening linux mobiles means ...........?

we use linux in :driver level :middleware :aplications? if in applications what protocols we used?

if we use linux in all the layers : what are the emulators that we use? tools that are used for deploying the code for an application? tools for memory leaks? the files names that we send to the emulators? about the boot loaders?

can any body help me out in this issue?

how linux comes into picture in the deveoplment of mobile handset?

Reply to
siva