init the Irda in DragonBall MX1

Hi, I am new in developing the embedded linux, and my task is to first start up the Irda first. I have tried "irattach", and echo something out. It fails. So I think that I have to do something, such as set some register or GPIO to init the irda first, or some JUMPER setting in the target board first.

cos' I am in a little hurry, I do not have time to read all the pages of the datasheet which avaliable from the web.

So can anyone tell me, which chapter of which datasheet I should read before I do this, and can anyone tell me what are steps to init the irda?

THx a lot

Jacky Cheung

Reply to
Jacky Cheung