Illegal instruction on i.mx21

I am working with Virtual Cogs boards with i.mx21 processor. I use the toolchain from gnuarm.org and compile it like the site says.

It builds standalone applications good but but when it comes to building linux applications, we have a problem. When I try to run something from the linux distro from the producer of the board, my "hello world" program (actually everything) terminates with "Illegal Instruction".

I tried arm-9tdmi version of crosstool

). this time, /bin/sh gave the error "Permission denied" even if I run chmod

+x and am root.

What can be the cause of this Illegal instruction pain?

Reply to
Atilla Filiz