how to create a partition

Hi, I have a hot-swappable flash-disk in our devices. Does anybody knows, how to create/modify a partition of such a device? (I found no fdisk-command line parameters to do that).

Thank's in advance, Jürgen

Reply to
Juergen Querengaesser

Juergen Querengaesser wrote: : Hi, : I have a hot-swappable flash-disk in our devices. Does anybody knows, : how to create/modify a partition of such a device? (I found no : fdisk-command line parameters to do that).

how is hotswappable different to other types? Have you actually run fdisk and attempted to create a partition? Was there a problem?

Reply to
J Jackson

The user puts the CF-card into the device and the software should copy some data on it. Therefore the CF card needs to be partitioned and formatted with a filesystem. Formatting is no problem, but I have no idea, how to create/change partitions from my program.

Jürgen

Reply to
Juergen Querengaesser

Juergen Querengaesser wrote: : J Jackson schrieb: : > Juergen Querengaesser wrote: : > : Hi, : > : I have a hot-swappable flash-disk in our devices. Does anybody knows, : > : how to create/modify a partition of such a device? (I found no : > : fdisk-command line parameters to do that). : > : > how is hotswappable different to other types? : > Have you actually run fdisk and attempted to create a partition? : > Was there a problem? : >

: The user puts the CF-card into the device and the software should copy : some data on it. Therefore the CF card needs to be partitioned and : formatted with a filesystem. Formatting is no problem, but I have no : idea, how to create/change partitions from my program.

The CFDISK will have a device file name e.g. /dev/sda

# fdisk /dev/sda

Then follow the menu system to create/modify/delete partitions

see

J Jackson

sfdisk

--