MTD concat HOW-TO?

I have two separate flash devices located at different addresses.  I
want to use the MTD concat kernel functionality to make the two
devices appear as one device.  I have configured the kernel to support
MTD concat.  However, I don't know how to get it actually working.  I
have searched extensively for a HOW-TO on MTD concat, but have found
none.  Does anyone have anymore information on this subject?

Thanks,

Andy

Re: MTD concat HOW-TO?

Probably the easiest solution would be to write a map driver of your
own (its not that hard, really). Examples to look at would be:

  maps/dilnetpc.c
  maps/ceiva.c
  maps/sc520cdp.c

(You might want to look at the last two first because the dilnetpc
sample is a bit more tricky than the others. It uses concat on top
of partitions, i.e. it splits the physical flash into partitions and
uses concat to put them together again (in a different oder, though).)

Rob

--
Robert Kaiser                     email: rkaiser AT sysgo DOT com
SYSGO AG                          http://www.elinos.com