Embedded Linux Server

Yes.

-- Grant Edwards grante Yow! Thousands of days of at civilians... have produced visi.com a... feeling for the aesthetic modules --

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Provided you've set up the motherboard to not halt on keyboard errors then yes, there's no problem. I have two Linux machines here that used to run with just power and network cables attached. Now they live on a KVM switch but that's only because I had spare ports when I did an upgrade.

--
Dave
mail da ve@llondel.org (without the space)

Is it possible to have a Linux server program reboot without a keyboard or mouse connected and also not having to log on all the time.

Thanks Russel

Reply to
Russel Millar

yes, you can run VNC server on it such that you can have remote control.

Reply to
minlin

For a server you only really need sshd, most maintenance stuff can be done from the command line and if you're talking to it over a LAN, ssh with X forwarding will give you graphics as required.