Embedded Linux getting started

I am a  newbie to Linux (after short embedded Linux course) although I have
a lot of experience on embedded systems OS(Vxworks, PSOS, etc.).  I haven't
decided for sure which Linux.
Can somebody recommend me some books or  pointers to start with Linux.

Martin Roth

Re: Embedded Linux getting started

| I am a  newbie to Linux (after short embedded Linux course) although I have
| a lot of experience on embedded systems OS(Vxworks, PSOS, etc.).  I haven't
| decided for sure which Linux.
| Can somebody recommend me some books or  pointers to start with Linux.

This will be heavy && deep reading, but it will be of much value for your
pursuits:   http://cross-lfs.org /

| Phil Howard KA9WGN (ka9wgn.ham.org)  /  Do not send to the address below |
Re: Embedded Linux getting started

This recent book seems to have good content although i haven't acquired
it yet:)
http://www.crcpress.com/shopping_cart/products/product_contents.asp?id=&parent_id=&sku=AU0586&isbn=&pc =
You can also check, http://free-electrons.org/ for some introductory
material and more pointers.