Embedded board for DAQ

Hello, I'm looking for a small board to make some data acquisition. All I need are at least 4 channels for input (8bit, 5V), one mass- storage, bootable device (CF, MMC, IDE or even USB pen) and one way to communicate with my desktop (ethernet would be perfect)...and of course, be capable of run some kind of Linux. I'd prefer to have everything in one place instead of use motherboard + expansion(s).

What I'm planning is to have a board that take my signals and stores it somewhere in a raw text file, so that I can then analyze them on my desktop.

Am I asking too much?

--
Nuno on zx-6r '04 & CR 250 '98 working in progress...
E abbiam montato l'autovelox e fatto multe senza pietà

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 00:31:20 +0000, N1 rearranged some electrons to say:

among others. Google is your friend.

Reply to
david

Ammiravo la mia cresta allo specchio quando david ha detto :

of course, but every company claims their products to be the best, I'd like to know what customers (e.g. you) think or tried. Anyway...did I forget to say "cheap" or "minimal"? I thought it was quite clear from my description.

--
Nuno on zx-6r '04 & CR 250 '98 working in progress...
E abbiam montato l'autovelox e fatto multe senza pietà
A chi passava sopra i 50 fossero pure i 50 di età
*** www.gladio.org ***
Reply to
N1

I suggest you get an Arduino Diecimila (google it) and load it with Simple Message System, from the archives at arduino.cc. About $35 US.

6 10bit AD channels, 12 IO pins, 6 of which can be used for PWM. Then run 'wget http://207.1.4.167.161/SMS1.tgz' to get my package of shell scripts. My mini-site isn't 24/7, so keep trying. It only works when my PC is booted. Full IO & PWM control. AD is scaled to millivolts and formatted for import to most spreadsheets. Try it!

Since your linux box is doing the formatting & storing, you don't need storage on the micro-controller. It has a USB port. My scripts are also modular, so you can use several Diecimilas at once, if you know anything about modifying shell scripts.

Reply to
Roland Latour

Ammiravo la mia cresta allo specchio quando Roland Latour ha detto :

Actually...I do, beacuse it has to be stand alone while acquiring but it's not a great deal as long as it has a USB port. Anyway it looks perfect for me, I'm even italian but I never heard about it. Thank you.