Does OPIE have a non-Qt port?

Hi, I was trying to setup OPIE on my machine and try and build some applications with it. Till now I have been able to download Qt/X11 and also Qt/Embedded, and built Qt. The Qt version is 3.3.2. What I am stuck at is what's the source for OPIE that I should take and from where. I checked on the opie.handhelds.org site and there seem to be so many files in the CVS. Could you guide my as to where can I get the source for OPIE and what's the steps to build it and integrate with Qt? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am using Red Hat Linux. Another thing, is there a non-QT port in OPIE? From what I understand, we must have Qt-Embedded or Qt-X11 for our applications.

Reply to
BB

for the setup of the compiler you could use this:

opie:

qt-3.3.2 is not for handhelds

Reply to
rcobo

I have just discovereed this thread without reference to the original, so the answer goes here...

First: Opie completely relies on Qt/E or Qt/X11. No exceptions. If someone is capable to port the whole thing including apps to GTK et al. he is free to do so ;)

Regarding Qt, we strongly recommend not to use Qt3 with Opie. Qt/E 3.x is not suitable for usage in mobile applications so we have dropped support for this version and are awaiting Qt4. So Qt/E 2.3.7 is currently working best.

Regarding source code, just follow the instructions at opie.handhelds.org on how to completely check out sources from CVS. Of course a subset would be sufficient however the build system is complicated and if you miss some files it will lead you into deep trouble. Just chose a branch or go with the HEAD branch (which is the one which holds the current development base). For a basic system, you will need to build qt/e (with the patches from Opies qt directory), libqpe and taskbar.

There are some rather good instructions available at

We are currently in the process of setting up OpenEmbedded as new build environment which simplifies things a lot.

Oliver

Oliver Fels
Feed manager/Coordination
Project OPIE- the Open Palmtop Integrated Environment
http://opie.handhelds.org
IRC: irc.freenode.net #opie #opie.de
Reply to
Oliver Fels