Ipaq 3870, bluetooth opie help

Installed linux on my 3870, first tried the gnome version then the KDE type version.

With Gnome on, the bluetooth worked fine but I am struggling with the KDE version (opie)

I have installed all that I think I need to install and can, from X "enable bluetooth" from the button on the taskbar (bluetooth LED starts flashing) and I can "Launch manager". A search in the bluetooth manager goes very quickly and returns nothing.

or I can

From a terminal type "hciattach -p /dev/ttySB0 bcsp 230400" (bluetooth LED starts flashing) then "hcitool scan" this says "Device is not available: Success"

If I type "hciconfig hci0 up" after "enable bluetooth" (in X) or after "hciattach -p /dev/ttySB0 bcsp 230400" then either method of scanning works fine.

I have to type "hciconfig hci0 down" before disabling bluetooth.

So it seems to me that the command "hciconfig hci0 up" and "hciconfig hci0 down" are missing from the "enable bluetooth" option but I don't know where to put the line.

That's a complicated read but hopefully someone can help me.

Reply to
Mjolinor

opie or familiar mailing list could help you better than this NG. good luck

Reply to
Helix