Default way of specifying target

Hi,

I'm trying to do some crosscompiling for xscale and I'm wondering if there's a default way of specifying the install directory. I'm building my filesystem in a directory called "/ramdisk" so I'm looking for a default way to tell configure that /ramdisk/etc actually will be /etc on my filesystem. I've been playing with --prefix but I don't find a good solution. If I use "--prefix=/usr" it installs (running `make install`) the files in my normal operating system and using "--prefix=/ramdisk/usr" make the programs searching for there configuration in "/ramdisk/etc". I could make a link called /ramdisk to /. but I was looking for a nice way to solve this. Are there any suggestions out there?

wimpunk.

Reply to
wimpunk