daemonizing not quite working :o

Hi,

I have an application featuring a verbose mode and a daemon mode. It's working just fine in verbose mode but in daemon mode it doesn't quite seem to be functioning properly (doesn't send off signalss over TCP/IP or write anything to the GPIOs - that's why i belive exit() is terminating "too much"), I get into Daemon mode with a fork command followed by exit() to be specific, it looks like: [C++] pid = fork(); if (pid < 0) { exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } else if (pid > 0) { exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); }

umask(0);

sid = setsid(); [/C++] Is there a problem with this? Do I miss anything? Thanks, Ron

--
weeks of software enineering safe hours of planing ;)
Reply to