---Can I know if the ethenet cable is inserted or not

Dear All,

    My question is decribed as in the Subject of this mail.
The system I am using is mips linux.

    I know the function is media sense function as in window XP, but I
don't know the implementation of it under Linux.

Regard!
Bill Z

Re: ---Can I know if the ethenet cable is inserted or not

Try mii-tool.

Re: ---Can I know if the ethenet cable is inserted or not

Have a look at the source code of ifplugd.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Re: ---Can I know if the ethenet cable is inserted or not

I agree with ifplugd.

Also, try looking at /sys/class/net/ethX.

---
if up + cable    if up + NO cable    if down + cable

carrier 1    carrier 0        cat: carrier: Invalid argument