ARM7DMI

Hi,

does anybody got uclinux (or another RTOS) working on a ARM7 without MMU !?

I've got an evulationboard with an Atmel AT91M55800A on it.

Need help

Sebastian

Reply to
Sebastian Block

You know uclinux isn't an RTOS, right?

eCos is availalbe for quite a few ARM7 eval boards:

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I have many CHARTS
                                  at               and DIAGRAMS...
                               visi.com
Reply to
Grant Edwards

or of if you mean: .... uClinux (or an RTOS) ..... Yes there are plenty of boards available running uClinux an ARM7.

with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

Heinz-Jürgen Oertel

+=================================================================== | Heinz-Jürgen Oertel port GmbH
| mailto: snipped-for-privacy@port.de | phone +49 345 77755-0 fax +49 345 77755-20 | Regensburger Str. 7b, D-06132 Halle/Saale, Germany | CAN Wiki
| Newsletter:
H.-J.Oertel

I've decided to try this because the AT91M55800 also have no MMU. Now I'm editing the kernel-code.

Thank you

Sebastian

Reply to
Sebastian Block

As Grant stated: uCLinux (like any Linux) is not a _realtime_ OS. If you need realtime (guarantee to meet timing constrains) you can add e.g. RTAI. AFAIK, this is possible with uPLinux.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

Thank you, first I think that there is no need for a RTOS. But I've getting large problems with loading the kernel on the AT91. I'll try to debug it tomorrow at work.

Reply to
Sebastian Block