uCLinux for Coldfire or ARM

I am interested in using ucLinux with either a Motorola MCF5282 or an Atmel AT91M9200, to port a PC-based prototype into a network applicance form factor. Where could I start to quickly (and economically) get an evaluation system running? Thanks.

Reply to
Ian McBride

? I'm not sure exactly what you were asking. For help on where to get eval hardware or building an image for your hardware?

Damion de Soto - Software Engineer  email:     damion@snapgear.com
SnapGear ---                           ph:         +61 7 3435 2809
  | Custom Embedded Solutions          fax:         +61 7 3891 3630
  | and Security Appliances            web: http://www.snapgear.com~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reply to
Damion de Soto

Hello,

Or the excellent distribution available at

which not only contains a kernel and all the user space goodies you might want, but a simple configuration system to help you get it all built. Rgds, John...

--
John Gordon
- VxWorks, NetBSD, PalmOS & more             http://www.bluedonkey.org

hardware

Thanks. I want to get an evaluation/development system running as quickly as possible, then modify it into an as near-as-possible functional prototype.

This is a simple application, but I really need a network stack and a filesystem (for both CDROM drive and FLASH storage), which makes uCLinux attractive, but I've also thought through RTEMS and uC/OS-II, adding cut-down ISO 9660 and ATAPI code. For the prototype I dont have to have a CDROM drive, but it would be nice. From info from here and comp.arch.embedded, I've looked at the Cogent CB337, the Atmel AT91RM9200-DK, and the Netburner NNDK-MOD5282-KIT. Any additional wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
Ian McBride