ARM boot technology going up a notch - Page 2

Re: ARM boot technology going up a notch

OMAPs are not rare, nor are they particularly high price for powerful
chips that are available in small volumes.

And the specs are only "closely guarded" from people incapable of using
a web page.

The A10 is a /core/, not a chip.

There are /no/ $10 high-feature SoC chips that are readily available.
Chips in this price category certainly exist - but /you/ cannot buy
them.  They are only sold in very large quantities.  Companies buying
them have no problems getting hold of the detailed specs.

Thus no revolution.

Do you think you make use of one of these devices - even if you could
buy it - using a soldering iron?

These chips are certainly very popular with small users and hobby users
- but they buy ready-made boards with the processor / SoC, along with
memory, network interfaces, USB drivers, etc.  And the boards all come
with a bootloader pre-programmed, so it doesn't matter what sort of boot
modes are supported by the ROM on the SoC.

Some revolution!

Re: ARM boot technology going up a notch

True A10 could be a core and not a chip, but the one I'm referring to
is the A10 chip (which I think has an A8 core - clear as mud eh?)

Mega revolution - from chip to Linux was 2 or 3 days for TI.

I'm doing it now to eliminate a ton of problems on newly
designed systems associated with driving colour LCD. I'd rather have an
embedded Linux computer driving an LCD than a custom LCD window manager.

Only you are reliant on someone to research and put on the chip a
boot loader which pushes up the costs.

Yes a big revolution. No longer do you need to buy a JTAG debugger before
your CPU is operational.

Just one engineer can do this now:

New SoC comes out -> 3 days to boot linux > 10 days to start
selling bare boards > 8 weeks to market with new tablet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biggest revolution for techies on the planet I'd say!

Re: ARM boot technology going up a notch

But he can use the "power of Linux".... He only recently compiled his
first OSS app from source so his idiocy is somewhat explained by his
excitement at being "1337".

7 is an idiot. You're wasting your breath.

But, but, he has been called a "genius" in COLA. Its "linux".

7 is simple. Leave it at that.

--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a
Linux

Meet the Hadron QUAAAaaackkhhh! troll.

With a most distinctive QUAAAaaakkhhhh!! you ever heard!!

Works the newsgroups trolling on behalf of companies
like Burson-Marstelar, eEdelman and their leader Sorel
working for Micorshaft and APphole
because these crocporations have grown such big heads so they
think Linux is a threat to them and hire these trolls to
disrupt usenet users illegally.

Sorel's Burson-Marstelar runs a vast factory manufacturing internet abuse.

If police raided Sorel's internet abuse factories where disciple
Hadron works his guts off to scream abuse at usenet users
who use Linux to please his master Sorel, then they would be compelled
by law to take names and addresses of all present, confiscate
all computers and servers, and  contact all victims of internet abuse
and then charge abusers with criminal offenses
as outraged victims of organized internet abuse for money press charges.

From what I hear these criminals from PR companies
like Sorel's Burson-Marstelar now graduate and sneak into charities
to DELIBERATELY siphon money into Sorel's off shored companies.
The Sorel empire is cracking under the weight of 100,000 disciples to feed.

Interpol/FBI where are you when you are needed?

Trolling is an Industry in USA
------------------------------

Hiring trolls is ignorant.

Most US politicians and businesses
are so corrupt and reliant to the point of addiction
on trolls and trolling and so they fund it all illegally
through charities because
funding through charities is untraceable
through loopholes in US law.

The US politicians, embassy staff and anyone else falling for it like
Spanish government should know that the US trolls
ordering embassies to this kind of work
have no mandate for these kinds of activities.

Just rich companies that have bank rolled teams of asstroturfers
to create fake support and certainly no mandate.
Companies like Eedleman also run fake survey companies
and delete everything except outlying data to fake their reports
to add legitimacy to their trolling campaigns.

There is NO MANDATE when fake asstroturfers are driving
the agenda.

The situation is so bad, it has spread into the military.
No one now knows who drives what agenda because
there is no traceability.

The fscking military, politicians, enviro nuts, music mafia,
using asstroturfing technology need the riot act read to them.

The situation is so incomprehensible that
the US has been declared falsely that it is the most charitable nation in
the world when at the same time 3 million US families
are living in shelter, and most of that charity money is fake
money being diverted from corporations into the coffers of asstroturfing
and PR companies. What would you do if you were
forced into a shelter and all your charity
money was stolen from your charity?
You are down and they still want to steal YOUR CHARITY MONEY?!??
Thats right you would tell them NEVER and tell
them fsck off in no uncertain terms and get the law changed
to make it a criminal offense to steal charity money
or spend it on anything other than 100% certified peer revied charity
without kickbacks, without creative accounting and
without morally unjust criminal behavior within
the charity system.

Most of the money funneled through
charities never make it to charitable causes in the USA.
It is stolen by politicians and pressure groups to cover
up their fake funding routes for asstroturfing.
They are used to it so we got to get over it?

No thanks!!!!

Not a single politician, embassy staff or military has a
mandate for one single political agenda because no one
knows who is funding who and who's agenda is real
and whose agenda is fake. Every signature collected
is one more fake signature for a mandate written out by
asstroturfers.

Asstroturfing through charities undermines society,
and all the nations dealing with US
and it must stop because no one in US has any legitimate
mandates for any of this activity any more.

If they have it, then should display their mandate
with pride, and show where the support had come from
and if any of it is through charities, then the
whole mandate is faked because charity status is being
abused to hide funding routes for corporate asstroturfing.

Asstroturfer offerings
----------------------

I've just read the contents of the fbo.gov solicitation RTB220610

The US government wants asstroturfers and with it sophisticated
asstroturfing technology to drown out democratic free speech,
and then hide from those whom it seeks to victimize.

It was point no.3 that caught my eye:
0003- Static IP Address Management

What that means is the same as what I've been saying for a while about
doofi, flatcake and clog are true.

They are not individuals but a whole asstroturfing team
behind each sock puppet.

There isn't enough memory between the sock operators to know
or remember what had been said earlier so you know the
conversations are being typed out by multiple individuals
impersonating each other.
It was notable gaffs by the goofy doofy sock that first gave it away.

The asstroturfing teams had already gone into government and offered them
consulting services about what technology and asstroturfing
practices were out there for fbo.gov to decide what they will
purchase in solicitation RTB220610. Burson-Marstelar
won the contract performing all the activities
required in the solicitation with fantastic usenet software
tools for targeting individuals and trolling 24/7
and all built in outsourced India.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=d88e9d660336be91552fe8c1a51bacb2&tab=core&_cview=1

Solicitation Number: RTB220610
Notice Type: Sources Sought
Synopsis: Added: 2010-06-22 13:42:52Jun 22, 2010 1:42 pm
Modified: 2010-06-22  14:07:11Jun 22, 2010 2:07 pmTrack Changes

0001- Online Persona Management Service.

50 User Licenses, 10 Personas per user. Software will
allow 10 personas per user, replete with background,
history, supporting details, and cyber presences
that are technically, culturally and geographically
consistent. Individual applications will enable an
operator to exercise a number of different online
persons from the same workstation and without fear
of being discovered by sophisticated adversaries.
Personas must be able to appear to originate in
nearly any part of the world and can interact through
conventional online services and social media platforms.
The service includes a user friendly application
environment to maximize the user's situational
awareness by displaying real-time local information.

0002- Secure Virtual Private Network (VPN).

1 each VPN provides the ability for users to
daily and automatically obtain
randomly selected IP addresses through
which they can access the internet. The daily
rotation of the user s IP address prevents compromise
during observation of likely or targeted web sites
or services, while hiding the existence of the
operation. In addition, may provide traffic mixing,
blending the user s traffic with traffic from multitudes
of users from outside the organization. This traffic
blending provides excellent cover and powerful deniability.
Anonymizer Enterprise Chameleon or equal

0003- Static IP Address Management.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

50 each Licence protects the identity of government
agencies and enterprise organizations. Enables organizations
to manage their persistent online personas by assigning
static IP addresses to each persona. Individuals
can perform static impersonations, which allow
them to look like the same person over time. Also allows
organizations that frequent same site/service often to
easily switch IP addresses to look like ordinary
users as opposed to one organization.
Anonymizer IP Mapper License or equal

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

0004- Virtual Private Servers,

CONUS. 1 each Provides CONUS or OCONUS points of
presence locations that are setup for each customer
based on the geographic area of operations the
customer is operating within and which allow a
customer?s online persona(s) to appear to originate
from. Ability to provide virtual private servers that
are procured using commercial hosting centers around
the world and which are established anonymously. Once
procured, the geosite is incorporated into the network
and integrated within the customers environment and
ready for use by the customer. Unless specifically
designated as shared, locations are dedicated for use
by each customer and never shared among other customers.
Anonymizer Annual Dedicated CONUS Light Geosite or equal

0005- Virtual Private Servers, OCONUS.

8 Each Provides CONUS or OCONUS points of presence
locations that are setup for each customer based on
the geographic area of operations the customer is
operating within and which allow a customer?s
online persona(s) to appear to
originate from. Ability to provide virtual private
servers that are procured using commercial hosting
centers around the world and which are established
anonymously. Once procured, the geosite is incorporated
into the network and integrated within the customers
environment and ready for use by the customer. Unless
specifically designated as shared, locations are dedicated
for use by each customer and never shared among other
customers. Anonymizer Annual Dedicated OCONUS Light
Geosite or equal

0006- Remote Access Secure Virtual Private Network.

1 each Secure Operating Environment provides a reliable
and protected computing environment from which to stage
and conduct operations. Every session uses a clean
Virtual Machine (VM) image. The solution is accessed
through sets of Virtual Private Network (VPN) devices
located at each Customer facility. The fully-managed
VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) is an environment
that allows users remote access from their desktop into
a VM. Upon session termination, the VM is deleted and
any virus, worm, or malicious software that the user
inadvertently downloaded is destroyed. Anonymizer
Virtual Desktop  Infrastructure (VDI) Solution or equal.

Contracting Office Address:
 2606 Brown Pelican Ave.
 MacDill AFB, Florida 33621-5000
 United States
 Place of Performance:
 Performance will be at MacDIll AFB, Kabul, Afghanistan and Baghdad, Iraq.
 MacDill AFB , Florida 33679
 United States

Primary Point of Contact.:
 Russell Beasley,
 Contracting Officer
  snipped-for-privacy@macdill.af.mil
 Phone: (813) 828-4729
 Fax: (813) 828-5111

Re: ARM boot technology going up a notch

Poor "7".

Ventures outside of COLA and humiliates himself and starts spamming
legitimate groups : very sad.

Re: ARM boot technology going up a notch

Poor Hadron Quaaakkkkhhhh!!!!

Could not agree more with you there sister Quaaakkkhhhh!!!!

Re: ARM boot technology going up a notch

Hows the "European Inventor Of The Year" "award" working out for you,
you little fraud?

--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a
Linux
Re: ARM boot technology going up a notch

The 7-tard considers himself to be an embedded software engineer.
Unfortunately he knows nothing about embedded developent and knows even less
about software engineering.

The nym "7" is perfect for him. It's both his shoe-size and his IQ.

--
"I've done for example SQL optimization and the reason I could do it better
than the best high level experts can do was because I think in hex and bits

This is priceless:

,----
| --
| "I've done for example SQL optimization and the reason I could do it better
| than the best high level experts can do was because I think in hex and bits
| and byte movements.... If you know the assembler in detail, you would know
| what "select * from employees" would translate into assembler and how
| different and yet similar that would be from "select name from employees"
|
| Babbling idiot "7"
| March 7, 2012
`----

It takes a special type of moron to think he can get nonsense of this
magnitude past SW developers with even only a modicum of
experience. Tweaking Oracle optimsations and access paths alone is a
full time job never mastered by mans. Only a real moron like 7 could
claim he could "assembler" it because he "thinks in bits and bytes"....

LOL! What a fraud!

--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a
Linux
Re: ARM boot technology going up a notch

As someone who once worked for a third party software developer who had
to support chips in this category, I disagree with this.  We had numerous
delays waiting for manuals to percolate through the proper channels
(including for Broadcom chips -- even the register model for an ethernet
PHY was under non-disclosure and took a while to get).  Then there's the
issue of whether you can use the manual to work on open source software
without violating the NDA.  And forget about it if you're an individual
maintainer of an open source project who just wants some context with
which to review a patch that was submitted.

In my current job I sometimes even have a hard time finding documentation
produced by the company I work for, even after the chips/boards are in
the hands of customers and available for purchase in quantities of one on
various websites.  There's no intent to withhold it that I can tell (most
of our documentation is on the public website, but there are some
exceptions that I think are not intentional).  It just would be a lot
easier if I could find it on the public website.

Sometimes those come with unreasonable terms you have to agree to, such
as the poorly defined phrase "non-commercial use only".  I'm not going to
sell copies of the manual (copyright would cover this without needing
more restrictive legalese), but if I want the information to help me in
my paid job to write software for the chip...

And consider that a chip that might not be "easily available" in chip
form may be easily available from one of the chipmaker's "few" customers
in the form of a board or other device.  A few years back I tried to get
documentation on a Realtek ethernet chip that I had bought (in the form
of a PCI card) at CompUSA, and the response was "why do you need this?"
(I needed it because their MacOS X 10.3 driver was crashing and I wanted
to port the open-source BSD driver -- ended up just upgrading to 10.4
instead).  At the extreme end you have companies like nVidia where it
really is a "closely guarded secret".

A lot of development boards will come with U-Boot already installed on
the flash.  No real need for JTAG unless you want to replace U-Boot (or
you want it for debugging).

-Scott

Re: ARM boot technology going up a notch
[...]
[...]

Various high end SoC parts have been able to do that for years.

Yup.

"7" is a classic net.kook...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I've got a COUSIN
                                  at               who works in the GARMENT

Those interfaces are generally not available to the end-user of
consumer hardware.  The end-user has, as available interfaces, things
like USB, SD, and (in PC's) CDROM drives.

Re: ARM boot technology going up a notch

He's also a fraud. He invented nanobots you know. He's looking for
investors.

--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a
Linux
Re: ARM boot technology going up a notch

In many jurisdictions (particularly in the US) that requires that he
_knows_ he didn't invent nanobots (or whatever).

So I've heard. :)

He'll probably find some. Enough people "invest" in perpetual motion,
cold fusion, 419 schemes, etc. that it's hard to imagine there isn't
somebody willing to hand him some money.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Is something VIOLENT
                                  at               going to happen to a

I apologize for may-be-intrusion-and-off-topic, but I intentionally want to
ask a question which may be considered as bitching (pardon my French).

The Q is:
Why so many lines of previous replies need to be included in the next reply?

I mean, some posters (doesn't matter who at a moment, but I am sure s/he
will recognize him/herself), for a reply worth of a a few lines ***always***
include all previous posts/replies sometimes worth of hundered(s) of lines
of text?
Precisely, in this thread, a certain poster included 84 lines of text of all
unnecessary lines for all other partial answers.

Who reads all that previous-reply-text stuff, anyways?

I assume than anyone capable of posting a post in this so-much specific
group is a person with experience in both EE as well as network-specific
social skills, as well as a person who admire effective articulation and
concise writing skills.

I have no intention to pun anyone, just wondering is anyone sometimes
irritated with all those included lines of text of previous replies?

StoneThrower
www.dgmicrosys.com

Site Timeline