Altering behaviour of ALT Key in linux

Hi,

I want to alter the functionality of ALT key for qwerty keypad in ubantu 10.10.

My requirement is i have numeric's 1,2,3,4,... etc on keys q,w,e,r,...as secondary keys. For these numerics i have to use with modifier alt. Example for numeric "one" i have to use alt+q.

I have studied man page of loadkeys but not able to figure it out how to go with this.

Please reply me if any body has ideas.

Thanks, Haranath.

Reply to
emb in linux