Strange Behaviour of Filter

I have a circuit which takes the output of a one-shot and filter it. There are two stages. First the signal goes to two parallel capacitors between which there is a resistor, and one end of the resistor is connected to the negative input of the amplifier and the other to the output of the amplifier. The output of the amplifier through a resistance goes to a similar network with a second op-amp which output is the final output. The positive inputs of both op-amps are connected through a voltage divider to Vcc/2. To make it more clear I will number the components and I will describe one stage of the filter as the second is the same. C1 :p1,p2 - C2: p1,p3 - R1: p2, p3 - Op.amp. + : Vcc/2 - Op-amp - : p3 - Op.amp out : p2.

R2 = resistor between the two stages : p2, p1' (=p1 of the second stage) And now what is going on and I cannot understand. I have two almost identical prototypes of this circuit. In one of them the points p1', p2', p3' have a Vcc/2=2.5V voltage and in the other circuit for the same points there is a Dc component of Vcc/2 but there is a sinwave of

2V p-p added to the DC voltage. In the circuit with the aforementioned AC voltage, the voltage before the resistor which is placed between the two stages is only the DC component.
Reply to
George K

It would be helpful to know what you are trying to accomplish with your circuit. I see 2 potential problems: ~ Both stages have capacitors between the inverting inputs and ground, and between the outputs and ground. If the amplifiers you are describing are op-amps, both of these conditions are invitations to oscillation, depending on what the gain-bandwidth product of the op-amps happen to be. ~ A question: Is there also a resistor on the input side of the first stage? Regards, Jon

Reply to
Jon

I have no idea how your circuit works but if you have two identical circuits and they act differently, they probably aren't identical.

Dan

--
Dan Hollands
1120 S Creek Dr