AC97 hurdle!

Im in the process of writing a library (or a module down the road) to
allow test code to access the audio codec (Philips UCB1400) on a SBC.
The AMD Geode GX processor implements the AC 97' interface using which
the codec can be programmed.

The problem Im having is missing critical pieces of information on how
to go about that. I tried looking on the internet and I could not find
a description of the overall process.

The ALSA project offers a user-space library to simplify application
programming. The problem is the lack of a clear overall description of
the process.

I would really appreciate some further explanation of how to implement
a small play/record application, going thru all the different layers
until the actual AC 97' interface layer.

Best,
Pete

Site Timeline