Virtex4 : Audio Codec AC97 LM4550

Hi.

I'm working with the Virtex 4 on a ML403 and want to use the audio codec AC97. At first i want to connect a mp3-player to line in and then i want to manipulate the audiostream and send it to line out. But i don't find a detailled description (e.g not in ml403 userguide) of the audio codec. So i don't know which pin i should use.

Does anybody know a paper/tutorial/user guide or something else, how to use the audio codec on ml403(virtex 4)?

Thanks for your help.

best regards, lori.

Reply to
Lori Lorenser

At first i want to connect a mp3-player to line in and then i want to manipulate the audiostream and send it to line out. But i don't find a detailled description (e.g not in ml403 userguide) of the audio codec. So i don't know which pin i should use.

the audio codec on ml403(virtex 4)?

The Xilinx ML40x reference designs all contain an OPB peripheral that can talk to the AC97. The full source is provided, so that would be a good place to start.

Regards,

John

Reply to
John Williams

Hi,

don't want to use the OPB because i have to buy the EDK. So ilooked at thze schematic and found the pins i need. A detailled description of the AC97 was useful to implement my design.

Thanks for your answer.

regards, lori.

Reply to
lori