Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

linux for 486sx
For small embeded unit 486 -sx I need to find some small distro . All I tried did not work because they are apparently compiled only for the 486dx (FPU missing). any ideas what should I try
12
12

VDC Needs Your Help Studying Embedded Engineering Market
VDC is conducting its annual survey of embedded engineers, and if you are involved in the engineering of embedded systems, this is your chance to influence key embedded solution suppliers. The...

Big Endian or Little Endian?
Is this below print is Big-endian or Little Endian, since array begins with upper byte, this is Big Endian mode, am I correct? printf( " source_ip_adr = %d.%d.%d.%d ", (int)pByte[0], (int)pByte[1],...
7
7

ioremap_nocache
hi, In my system I have defined following system map using mem directive. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 0x0000 0000 96MB Start Linux 0x05FF FFFF End Linux...

Re: Linux System programming:Develope unique aspects of Linux Kernel
Embest Industrial ARM9 module comes with Linux and Wince The SBC6000X supports extended temperature operation, and comes pre- loded with a Linux 2.6-based kernel, YAFFS filesystem, and Wince6.0 BSP....

Continuous disk write performance in ported real-time application
Hi all, We are working on porting a real-time application from VxWorks to Linux as a sort of experiment to see if Linux fits our needs for this application. We are using a server distro of Ubuntu 9.04...
18
18

Incomplete boot
Hello all, [PPC/Buildroot/busybox/uClibc setup] Not sure where to post this, but I have a bunch of embedded cards and sometimes the boot doesn't complete (some of the /etc/init.d/ scripts are not...
2
2

build universal device driver for Ethernet controllers
I am planning to build universal device driver for Ethernet controller . It can work for any type of hardware I want to make general framework for the driver and it is configurable or we make a table...
3
3

Do you know how to cope against GPL/LGPL in embedded linux?
Our company releases the image, contains zImage and ramdisk.jffs2. We develop kernel device driver for zImage and application for ramdisk.jffs2. 1) Should we open kernel device driver source codes...
7
7

fedora + old gcc
Dear All I can compile gcc 2.95.3 in my FC10, it is the oldest gcc I can compile. But I need gcc 2.6.x to compile linux kernel 1.3.0 . Do you know how can I get gcc 2.6.x? It gives me a lot of error...

PXA270 and frequency change
Hi, I'm currently trying to change the frequency of a PXA270 processor, the system I'm working on is a Linux 2.6.24, and I would like to write a code that allows an user to change the frequency, to do...

How to export linux fs using USB MassStorage device
Hello, I'm using an embedded linux system and want to make a part of the file system accessible from a Windows System using USB mass storage. I know about the usb gadget driver g_file_store. This...
26
26

errno value reliability
Hello All, Whenever a system call returns error, it will set the errno variable to the appropriate reason. But how far is this value reliable in case of multi threaded/ multi task environment? As...
2
2

Save the entire file system of an embedded system
Hi I have been asked to backup the entire file system residing on a flash memory of an embedded system. How this can be done when using as host a PC running linux (the target also runs linux) ? The...
3
3

how to distinguish the ip throughput from ethernet and usb port
Hi all thanks for reading :-) the kernel version is 2.6.x my board has two ports ehternet/usb can be used to bear the ip throughput. so a user can config the board by httpd via the both ports. but...
2
2