ioremap_nocache

hi,
In my system I have defined following system map using mem directive.
0x0000 0000    96MB    Start Linux
0x05FF FFFF        End Linux
0x0600 0000    32MB    Start Reserved memory Hole
0x07FF FFFF        End Reserved memory Hole
0x0800 0000    128MB    Start Linux
0x0FFF FFFF        End Linux
We have created the 93%Reserved memory Hole94% using mem directive in
Linux. So Linux kernel is 93%not aware94% of this reserved memory.

What will be the configuration state (cacheable/bufferable) of this
memory?

if we now call ioremap_nocache on this reserved memory chunk. it will
be configured as non-cacheable memory but will it be bufferable or
not?

thanks,
Sachin

Site Timeline