Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Thermistor in a gas tank
I'm having problems with the "Fuel Reserve" light on my motorcycle. When the fuel level drops to 1.3 gallons the Fuel Reserve light on the dash board is supposed to light, few weeks ago it quit...
7
7

Re: Interested in Ham Radio, But Think Morse Code is a Waste of time?
and Thanks for posting that comment Jim. I'm pretty sure that a vast majority of Hams will agree with you on this, even in the dumbed-down era that we live in today! If all the OP want to do is...
32
32

Most novel LED flasher ?
Hi group Anyone got below 4 parts + LED (rules :- no chips with more than 4 pins, no PUTs or UJT's, no inductors, no hand picled parts ) ? So far I have got down to 6 parts + LED, using a regulator IC...
36
36

Electronics magazines roundup
I am in the process of creating a database of all electronics magazines which will be published on the web. The database will include both in print and out of print magazines aimed at the amateur,...
1
1

Decoupling capacitor
Hi, I currently design an small electronic circuit. The circuit is mainly a 5V regulator and an accelerometer connected to a comparator (LM393) that drive a MOSFET switch. Do I need decoupling...
7
7

instrumentation amplifier & anti-aliasing
Hi, I was wondering if I could "integrate" easily a low-pass filter (for ADC anti-aliasing purpose) in an instrumentation amplifier. I would not want to include an active filter between the...
1
1

Re: Why were several synchronized clocks different?
The average error of these clocks is actualy in the microsecond range, when the signal is being received. Jerry Greenberg
2
2

packing swappable CD drive from laptop in bubble wrap (static risk?)
I plan on getting a laptop in the near future and may need to swap peripherals such as the CD drive. Is it safe to wrap these type of plug-in laptop peripherals in bubble wrap to protect them in my...
1
1

Holding a relay on for a predetermined time? How?
I am experimenting, not having touched electronics for a while. I have a relay controlling a 240 supply, and a control input carrying 12v What the control 12v goes live I need the 240 to switch (not a...
5
5

PCB Software??
Hi all, I'm just getting started in electronics, and i'm enjoying assembling shop bought kits. But now i'm looking at moving a step up and building circuits off the net and from books etc. What i'm...
4
4

Good old Sony Betamax...
Customer brought in Sony Betamax, Model: SL-300. Cassette transfer basket has the guide pins broken and other missing or broken parts. Does anyone have a loading basket they would sacrifice to an old...
2
2

HELP: solderless breadboard blocks with soldertails (where are they?)
We need solderless breadboard blocks (the white plastic ones) that have soldertails so that they can be mounted to a PC board to bring signals from the board up into the block. 3M denies manufacturing...
1
1

fuse color code
I am looking to determine the value of a picofuse fuse. made by little fuse. the colors on the fuse are red, red, black and yellow.

Re: For sale:Keithley PIO-12 Digital I/O card ( not GPIB)
$10 shipping (in Canada)? Lots of luck guy! :-) Harry C.

FS: Mercury Relays
Our club is trying to help in an estate . We are trying to dispose of the following: Mercury-wetted relays 8 Ea. SPDT 110 VAC coil Mfr: C. P. Clare & Co., of Chicago Octal (tube-type) base Model: HSG...