Re: Why were several synchronized clocks different?

The average error of these clocks is actualy in the microsecond range, when the signal is being received.

Jerry Greenberg

--

Thanks for all your answers. > > Yes, my poor wording. They were synchronized clocks, not atomic clocks. (of > course) I think the person who pointed out the signal might not get through > in a large store had the answer. I think this store was in a large shopping > mall and they were just not receiving their signals. Obvious, but I didn't > think of it. > > I'm still assuming that all these type of clocks would be within a second or > so if working properly and getting the signal. > > Thanks again. > > Ted
Reply to

For WWVB, 18 seconds after the minute, Jim. :-) 26 seconds for WWV/WWVH. I designed my WWV clocks not to set until they have decoded three consecutive minutes successfully. It appears that the commercial WWVB clocks I have also decode for several minutes before setting; the best always needs at least 3 minutes after power is applied before it sets itself.

Reply to
Michael

Sometimes those WWVB clocks in close proximity will interfere with one another.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Norisez