Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

application of vibration sensor in automation
hi can anyone suggest me some applications of vibration sensors in automation like cars in safety purpose or accident avoiodance or anything.
7
7

Through hole plating
Has anyone got any more details on the device pictured in the original site appears to be down, and the wayback machine is having trouble retrieving the site... It looks build-able, if only more...

thermocouple data measurement
I want to measure thermocouple data in a noisy environment having large rf noise and magnetic fields so what kind of shielding should be provided

Counterfeit 2N3055?
I haven't looked at the price recently but for a 115W TO-3 npn general purpose power transistor it may actually be very cost effective. Beware of the difference between the 2N3055 and 2N3055H. Graham
3
3

Super Tesla Coil Science Project
Super Tesla Coil Science project. Also, plans for a homemade Cathode Ray Tube, Plasma Globe. Ck. it out:

simple circuit for charging a capacitor
can anyone help me with a simple circuit for charging a capacitor to 24 v from a pp3 9v battery ? i can solder an read circuits buts thats it...........something i could make on a breadboard /...
3
3

how much current can AWG wire handle
Hello, Does anyone know where I can find out how much current specific gauges of wire can handle? I've looked up web pages on it, but can't figure out what they mean... for example at There's a column...
12
12

Earth bonding point connector
What do type of connectors do you folks use on earth bonding points ? 10-mm studs, 7-mm studs, bananas, what ? So many standards to choose from... -- André Majorel "After 15 minutes, I wanted to...
3
3

Simple audio encoding... how?
Hi, I want to encode a mono audio signal into a digital squarewave where the repitition frequency is the same as the instantaneous incoming audio, and the pulse width is proportional to the amplitude....
37
37

Re: What gadget/s can't you currently leave your home without and why ?
In my life so far I have installed WANs (Cisco routers, microwave radios, work with T-1s T-3s and up to OC-48 and Fore/Marconi ATM switches - install hardware and do the programming), install and do...
7
7

A question about Crystals Oscillators output type
Hi About Crystals Oscillators output, which ones, in those output types can drive four 74HCT74 ? TTL - HCMOS - LVPECL - LVDS - LVDS Thank Cheer Jean

Grace Internet Radio
Does anyone have experience with a Grace radio? Is there a NG for internet or wifi radios? -- W. eWatson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W,...

Which to plug in first?
This is a general question about all those plug-in power-supplies/battery-rechargers that we all have so many of. The kind that have a big plug/transformer at one end that plugs into the wall, and a...
13
13

RFID chips
Does anybody know of a way to de-active(blowup) RFID chips? Can their receiver coils be overloaded? Those things get added to all sorts of non-obvious things, and start to interfere with our privacy .
36
36

Display on Digital Clock
I have a Seiko clock that shows the time in many different places. The current battery is rather old and the time displays do not show all the parts of the digits. I don't need this clock and would...
3
3