Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

USB->serial->USB adapter needed
Hello, I am trying to send RS232 data from two notebooks that do not have serial ports. I know there are USB to serial (RS232) adapters available. These allow communications to occur through a virtual...
3
3

Anybody in Canada would have two CD4517 ?
Hello Anybody in Canada would have two CD4517, or two HEF4517, or two HCF4517 ? I would pay the parts and the stamps cost to send it to me by Canada post. I live far from cities, in Laurentides...
15
15

Weather Radar, Object Transparency, Reflectivity, Scatter
I heard a public talk about doppler weather radar today, and have some questions. A fair amount of time was devoted to radar signals bypassing targets or reflecting off them. It was pretty clever. The...

magnet question
If a strong magnet (neo whatever) was super cooled (using liquid nitrogen) would its magnetic field increase in strength or stay the same?
1
1

Keystroke transfer device...
Hi, Does any of you know about a USB device which can connect two computers (PC-A and PC-B) together. The device indetifies itself as a generic keyboard to PC-B and as a virtual COM port to PC-A. With...
3
3

Interestingly your opinion that needs to be changed or added for modelling of systems in JMCAD.
Interestingly your opinion that needs to be changed or added for modelling of systems in JMCAD. There was a new version- JMCAD-03.051 release. Interestingly your opinion on the further development...

superconducting wire questions
If I have a normal copper wire and I run electricity through it a magnetic field is produced around the wire. 1) If the wire is super conducting there should be no magnetic field correct? 2) Is the...
4
4

Identifying an AKAI amplifier
Hi all. I need to identify an old AKAI power audio amplifier, bought in 1974 in Japan. It hasn't got any indication of model or power on the back panel, only Akai Electric Industries and i've lost the...
4
4

Re: Wired Phone with Reject Function?
There is discussion of this topic in this thread:
4
4

Wired Phone with Reject Function?
It seems an obvious thing, but I'm unsuccessful in finding one. Has anyone seen a conventional wired telephone with a programmable reject list? The result should be either the phone doesn't ring at...

Recommendations for assembling a Kit
I am putting together a 3 Stage FM Transmitter and am looking for some advice. I use a 30W pencil soldering tool but I need something with a smaller tip. (Solder on adjacent points ends up melting.) I...
5
5

The help on working out JMCAD is necessary
The help on working out JMCAD is necessary JMCAD is an program for the modeling and simulation of complex dynamic systems. This includes the ability to construct and simulate block diagrams. The...

unfamiliar symbol
I had a couple of things I wanted to figure out about the SG3525 and got to looking at the schematics for the oscillator and the error amplifier at the bottom of page 6 of the datasheet. (I wanted to...
5
5

Swann/Safe-Core DVR remote control code?
I recently bought a Safe-Core DVR400M, which I believe is a rebadged Swann product. There's an option for remote control, does anyone know the remote control codes required for these products? TIA,...

Re: PIR interfering with wireless network
nce the workmen installed PIRs for the burglar alarm. One of them in parti= cular appears to cause dropped packets the closer a laptop is to it. Is th= is possible?? It's not a wireless PIR as far as...
3
3