Anybody in Canada would have two CD4517 ?

Hello

Anybody in Canada would have two CD4517, or two HEF4517, or two HCF4517 ?

I would pay the parts and the stamps cost to send it to me by Canada post.

I live far from cities, in Laurentides mountains in Quebec province, and there is no electronics stores arround, and to order them from any web electronics stores would cost 8 times, in shipping cost, than the value of the chip.

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Reply to
Gaetan Mailloux

nothing on hand, will check with stores on tuesday snipped-for-privacy@xxrogers.com delete the xx'ses

Reply to
Rein Wiehler

Good luck with the hunt - my databooks list this part as obsolete.

Gaetan Mailloux wrote:

Reply to
David Snowdon

The "B" version of the 4000 and 4500 family is the norm now, and is readily available from suppliers. (Look for CD4517B*)

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

That store stocks cd4515,cd4516,cd4518, so no luck rw

Reply to
Rein Wiehler

--
Try Mouser Electronics:

http://ca.mouser.com/Home.aspx
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

According to their site, US Postal is only 8 bucks. You could get a few other supplies to go along with the chips to make the shipping cost viable.

- Tim -

--
Email - tempowl@nospam.nbnet.nb.ca (remove the nospam part)
Reply to

According to their site, US Postal is only 8 bucks. You could get a few other supplies to go along with the chips to make the shipping cost viable.

Additional - they do not have a minimum order amount.

- Tim -

--
Email - tempowl@nospam.nbnet.nb.ca (remove the nospam part)
Reply to
Tim

Not a good idea for Canadians, I'm afraid. Both times I tried to order from them recently, they demanded a photocopy of my passport! No explanation, just that they would not be able to approve my credit card without the passport info. Go to Digi-Key if at all possible.

--
Jim
Reply to

That's likely the company's paranoia, though I'm not sure what a passport has to do with it.

But it does bring up the point that some US companies do not ship via the post office, and some of those courier companies end up tacking on a large "brokerage fee" to get it into Canada. I'm not sure if it's all the courier companies, or just some, but you need to watch for that. Getting charged fifty dollars extra to bring some parts in is not a good thing.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

OK, I put in an order for some small parts just to see. I bought about

12 bucks worth of semis (including a couple of CD4517) and was charged 8 bucks for USPS Global Priority Shipping. All in Canadian funds. No requirement for passports or anything. Of course they may still contact me about that.

- Tim -

--
Email - tempowl@nospam.nbnet.nb.ca (remove the nospam part)
Reply to
Tim

Hello

Last week a US parts store refuse an order because they do not ship in Quebec, but they ship in other province of Canada !

Few month ago Mouser ask $25 of chipping for few parts.

Btw, since I do not have Paypal or any credit card, every time I did buy in US I do have to pay by postal money order in US money, so it cost close to $5 more, added to the shipping cost.

So US buying are quite finish for me.

Most of the time I take my parts on old PC or others kind of board, because of my small budget, but sometime the parts I need are not on those old boards.

Thank guy's

Bye

Gaetan

Tim ( snipped-for-privacy@tim.tim) writes:

Reply to
Gaetan Mailloux

I'd be curious to hear how you make out. My orders were quite a bit bigger (a few thousand dollars), but my credit card was approved so they should have shipped the ICs. Maybe they just get extremely paranoid about larger orders that are going out of country.

--
Jim
Reply to

I Live in Canada, Ontario. I have no problems getting orders from any of the major distributors. One time about 5 years ago Allied ask for a fax for personal info what I do etc. I don't know if they still do that.

You are better off dealing with their preferred courier usually they have deals with couriers that include in the shipping fee customs brokerage. Typical courier fees are from $8 to $12. My orders aren't in the thousands of dollars usually somewhere in the $60 to $200 range.

Maybe try this place they have a franchise in Quebec.

Hammy

Forgot

Another good site if your Canadian is.

Digikey as well.

Reply to
Hammy

I got shipping confirmation today. The parts are on their way....

- Tim -

--
Email - tempowl@nospam.nbnet.nb.ca (remove the nospam part)

And If I Forgot To Mention My Location, I'm In The Fredericton Area
Reply to
Tim