Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

samsung lcd tv
I am getting a shadow line right about where the bracket to hang the tv is. Is there anything I can do or is it a known problem?
1
1

question from Jon Giffen
I want to feed the signals from 3 microphones that pick up the shock wave from a gunshot into a computer and calculate their time differences. I figure 3 ADC's into 3 USB's and the software. I worked...
5
5

About a simple class D amp
Hello Here is a very very simple class D PA amp. For sure this amp would have a high distortion. This is my first class D amp, but it is only for 100 to 300 w for PA only. Is there any errors in this...
29
29

Oscillometer, analyzer for slow computer
Hello, I have a Pentium I (64Kb RAM) with win 2000 and I want to use the sound card for 'animation oscilloscope, vectorscope, analyzer' the output of my amplifier. The measurement is not really...
5
5

waveform generator question
Does an "Arbitrary" Waveform Generator let me generate any type of waveform I want? For example my arbitary generator doesn't do triangle waves, but I can just define it in the arbitiray part right?...
2
2

Any source of these battery connectors (Asus EEE PC)
Anyone know where I can get connectors as shown at under 4G Model? The metal parts are like spade terminals (i.e. solid) and spaced 2mm apart. As can be seen two of them are larger both in height and...

Is it safe?
My DSL modems 9V adaptor burnt so I'm using another adaptor (output 12V) for the modem and its working fine! Just wanted to know if this may damage my DSL modem?
7
7

Oscilloscope Unaohm G 4018
Hello There! Has someone Service Manual for above mentioned oscilloscope and send me in PDF file (or similar). Schematic diagram will also help. Actually, I cannot adjust anymore "focus" and also...
1
1

this USB scope any good?
Any thoughts on this? Can I use any scope (such as this) to watch/scope a very high charge of like 10,000 Volts? http://www.darkwire.com.au/html/dso-2090_usb.html
9
9

basic oscilloscope question
Can someone tell me what an oscilloscope is in plain English? For example is an oscilloscope simply is a device that takes a sampling of the changing voltage/current over a small time frame like 1...
22
22

Looking for Zetex transformer parts...
Looking for core type FX 3439 and former DT2523, for this project... Zetex was recently purchased by Diodes Inc. and they no longer support these parts. Even a picture of what these things look like...

Listening Device for the Hard of Hearing
I have an elderly neighbor who has difficulty with his hearing aids. It's fairly common at his age. I think he and others would profit greatly if he had a listening device he could hang around others,...
10
10

iPod: smt fuse?
Google isn't helping determine if there is a fuse on the iPod Classic (3rd gen) pcb. Can someone say for sure? Thanks,
1
1

another stupid capactior question
I would like to know in common sense terms what the hell a capacitor does. is this accurate?: a flaky low voltage charge comes through a wire and hits a capacitor, the capacitor will accept the charge...
13
13

basic capactior question
if I put a capacitor (say a 10 mF) in series with another one (10 mF) is that the same as having a 20mF capacitor?
3
3