Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Programming a Dranetz 626
Acquired a basic 626 power analyzer. After fixing up the thermal printer -- which works fine now -- I want to program thresholds etc. I'd start with the clock but it turns out that all the PDFs I've...
9
9

Manual / schematic for Leader 824/824S 500 MHz frequency counter
Either the user manual or schematic. The Leader user guide usually has the schematic. Don't know if Leader published an actual service manual for these counters. Thanks!
2
2

Spicy Schematics for Mobile and Web
Spicy has come a long way since last year, and we are releasing version 2.4.2 soon with updated features and performance. Spicy was the first to offer circuit schematic capture and spice simulation...

Dranetz 626 plug-ins
There are many different models of 626 power disturbance monitors, from the vanilla 626, and from the 626A through 626G (as far as Mr. Google can tell me). I'm interested to discover what the "G"...

Question about VFD (variable frequency drive)
Hi, I read an article intruducing the principle of VFD at: $file/lvd_eotn01u_en_reva.pdf When I read it, I do not understand the line: "As long as this ratio stays in proportion, the motor will...
1
1

Is Wayne Green Still Alive ???
He hasn't posted to his blog since the end of November, and an e-mail I sent today bounced. The last e-mail I received from him was around the end of November. He had some trouble with swollen legs...
1
1

Power mains question: wire gauge
Air compressor 1/2 hp motor rated 220v (2-wire, not 3-phase) @ 15A. Distance from load panel ~100 ft (as the conduit runs). 15A can be handled by 14 gauge, but I'd normally go with 12 gauge due to...
143
143

Odd timer needed
We're in the dry Denver area with a 2300 sq ft ranch home and have an Aprilaire whole house humidifier with a wall thermostat. It uses a small line of regulated 140 degree water from the water heater....
12
12

Gould/Biomation K102-D serial protocol?
Hi, Some time ago, I bought a surplus Gould/Biomation K102-D logic analyzer. Not a bad piece of equipment for a hobbyist. The box has an RS232 connector at the back and one of the setup screens has...

Re: How do I detect telephone "off hook" condition?
Lol... good catch. I almost answered!
4
4

Weird Question About Electronic Games And Toys
Years ago, I was a Pokemon fan (street cred? What's that?), and among the more interesting toys they had was the Pokemon Battle Arena. It was made b y Tiger Toys. It was basically a fighting game....
3
3

Dubbing Buss
Hi, I have just dropped in to see if I can find out more about the problem I am trying to solve. I am putting together a vintage stereo system: Pioneer SX990 amp/receiver TEAC A-1500 Reel-to-Reel tape...
2
2

soldering phosphor bronze pins to PCB
Hi all, I'm not sure this is the good place where to post this, please advise a better NG in case it exists. I'm working on the soldering process of a component with phosphor bronze pins onto a fairly...
1
1

Original regenerative radio receiver circuit.
Here is a well thought out regenerative radio circuit: uses a transistor square law detector circuit for extra sensitivity.

decent wireless digital thermometer suggestions?
I am looking for a digital thermometer with separate wireless probe so I can read temperature readings outside with the digital display inside the house. Most of the units I'm finding online don't...
8
8