Who made those DIMM memory ?

Hi

Who made those 168 pin DIMM memory ?

Is it single or double side ?

128mb SDRAM PC133 NEW! 133MHz CL3 PC133-33-520

128MB

SYNC

16Mx64

SDRAM

HYS644V16220GU-7.5-C

PC133-333-520

133MHz

CL3

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Reply to
Gaetan Mailloux

how the hect should we know ?

hyunday chips

Pozdrawiam.

-- RusH //

Like ninjas, true hackers are shrouded in secrecy and mystery. You may never know -- UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE.

Reply to
RusH

Chips are made by Hyundai, though there's no mention at all of who made the actual module. Most likely some no-name Mom & Pop shop in Taiwan of mainland China.

------------- Tony Hill hilla 20 yahoo ca

Reply to
Tony Hill

I don't have enough data, on my system or in your post (what is that part number - a DIMM or chip?) to tell for sure but the part number looks more like a Siemens/Infineon part than a Hyundai.

--
Rgds, George Macdonald
Reply to

Hmm.. good eye George, those are indeed Siemens/Infineon chips. I did a quick search on Google and the part came up once I removed the extra '4' towards the start of the part number.

Still doesn't help determine who made the module.

ps. did Siemens buy out Hyundai's memory division or something? Or did they just want to make life difficult for us by having nearly identical part numbers :>

------------- Tony Hill hilla 20 yahoo ca

Reply to
Tony Hill

I have some old data sheets which show the part number HYS 64V16220GU-8 as a Siemens SDRAM PC-100 module - close to the above with PC-133 spec. and for the OP they are double sided, or dual-rank to use the preferred modern term.:-) I have trouble throwing anything away.

I had a suspicion at one time that they were trading parts -- everybody seems to do that anyway , with remarking or not -- but came to the conclusion that they just happened to use very similar part numbers.

--
Rgds, George Macdonald
Reply to