What's with the new DVD power switches?

I just bought an DVD player and the power switch has a light which always seems to be on. Is this a new style or is there something wrong with the device? It's an Advent DVD2200.

-- ParaMind Brainstorming Software -- We make an easy to use, totally-customizable brainstorming software with a small learning curve.

ParaMind Brainstorming Softwar

There is a standby supply in your player. This light indicates that the standby supply is working.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG ========================================= WebPage

Electronics

-- ParaMind Brainstorming Software -- We make an easy to use, totally-customizable brainstorming software with a small learning curve.

Jerry G.

Yes.

--
John Miller
Email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

This must be morning.  I never could get the hang of mornings.
Reply to
John Miller