Converting negative voltage to positive digital voltage and vice versa ...

Dear All, I read in an earlier post that in order to get positive voltage from a negative input I can use two resistors to do so. Is that really true? I have a +12volt constant coming to a device, yet it send out a negative 200mA output for a half-second. I need that output to be turned positive and digital to be read by another device. Any help or suggestions? Thank you very much for your help, it is greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Christopher Koeber

Reply to
Christopher Koeber

Is the negative pulse actually going negative, or is it going from +12V to

0V?

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

The numbers that I gave you are straight from the device's manual. It specifically says (+) 12V constant for the power and (-) 200mA 500 ms on the line that sends the signal. Unless I am reading it wrong I think that is what it says. Thank you.

Christopher Koeber

Reply to
Christopher Koeber

Hmmm, maybe if you could read the original in Japanese. Sounds like they want a 500ms pull down pulse from the 12 volts, and a sink current of 200 ma. This would make sense. In simplest terms, a pushbotton from the signal line to ground.

--
Luhan Monat: luhanis(at)yahoo(dot)com
http://members.cox.net/berniekm