Soldering to battery terminals?

I've attempted modding my Crest Spinbrush with a wall-adapter power supply.

I quickly realized that solder does not stick to the battery terminals. It looks like they are standard battery terminals, and I'm not sure what metal they're made of, though it looks like stainless steel.

> Is there any way of connecting wires to the battery terminals?
Reply to
mark thomas

Try scrubbing them with sandpaper, then smear some soldering paste onto where you roughed up the surface with sandpaper. Solder as usual. Good Luck

Reply to
Kim Sleep

supply.

It does if you do it right.

Abrade with sandpaper. Apply flux Use a big iron with lots of thermal mass in the bit Tin the cell and cool it quickly with wet cloth Tin the wire. Apply more flux to cell. Solder/flow the wire to the cell

It's even possible to solder two cells end-to-end with no wire if you know what you are doing....

CWatters