Soldering question

seeing it in person though, it's hard to tell for

That looks easy enough to solder. It is a surface-mount assembly with the terminals flush against the outside boundary of the outline. If your pads extend a little beyond where the terminals are supposed to center, (which they should for inspectability anyway), then just put down solder paste, plop the assembly into place, and touch the iron or point the hot air to the accessible edge of the pad.

I had about the same arrangement (except for the stood-off height) on a little RF transformer I had specified for a hybrid. Hand soldering them was essentially the same problem you anticipate. It was not at all difficult.

--
--Larry Brasfield
email: donotspam_larry_brasfield@hotmail.com

Can someone tell me how hard it would be to solder something like this...

It looks like it would be hard to get the heat to the spot you need to. Not seeing it in person though, it's hard to tell for sure.

--
Chris W

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &