Need better 8-cell AA battery holder

Does anyone make a *good* 8-cell AA battery holder? One not made of flimsy plastic that melts when you try to solder a wire to it's terminals? Or, more prefferably, one that comes *with* red and black wires already attached to the Positive and negative terminals?

A snap-on cover would be nice too, so it looks like it's meant to be there, rather than an afterthought...

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
Dave

It's possible to get them with press stud type connectors on them (eg like a PP9 battery)....

Generally though battery holders are allways unreliable.

Reply to
CWatters

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I have seen such battery holders, but I am really looking for a case allowing access to the batteries without disassembling the project. And the

9V battery case (with cover) worked fine until I took it out to go to 12V. May end up putting it back in. Or just living with the crappy case I currently have, without any cover. (Duct tape?) sigh

Again, thanks for the interest. I just can't belive someone doesn't make a

12V AA battery case w/cover for homebrew projects...

Dave, the frustrated.

Reply to
Dave

like

the

You can get whole project enclosures with built in battery boxes but they tend to be limited to small hand held devices.

Reply to
CWatters