Re: What's that black dust in monitors?

I've deleted all your puerile shit and ignored your post that are nothing but puerile shit.

Have fun explaining the considerable dust inside my fan heaters.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Dust color discrimination eh ? So its fairys sorting out the different colored dust and putting the jet black dust into the monitors and the other non jet black dust into the PCs and onto the front glass tube surface of the monitors eh ?

Yep, like the FBT. Which might just explain why the jet black soot that you get on the inside surface of the case is adjacent to the FBT. Funny that.

Doesnt have to have failed. All monitors that have been used for any length of time have that jet black soot on the inside surface of the monitor case adjacent to the FBT.

Game, set and match, I believe.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Completely and utterly irrelevant.

Even someone as stupid as you should have noticed his post when reading what shows up in aus.electronics.

Keep digging. You'll be out in china any day now.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Pathetic, really. No wonder you're completely unemployable.

Pathetic, really. No wonder you're completely unemployable.

Pathetic, really. No wonder you're completely unemployable.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I do see that stuff on a fair number of those leads.

I have operated a couple for quite a few hours, and they did not attract that dust. I suspect DC electric fields pull that stuff out of air more than AC electric fields do. (And those fluorescent fixtures that had it may have needed 50,000 hours to get a noticeable amount.) Neon signs don't seem to attract that black dust with the "electric dust odor" that increases when I wipe it off. Maybe being more exposed and the lack of DC allows a different dust to dominate, so that the dust is not black.

Don Klipstein

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:47:11 +1000, "Rod Speed" Gave us:

NOT around the radiating elements though, dipshit. Only in the air passages. You know... plenums... gratings... etc.

Do try to keep up, boy.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:51:47 +1000, "Rod Speed" Gave us:

Not epoxy encapsulated, dipshit. I was referring to a semiconductor package smoking. Please leave the thread. You are an absolute retard as it relates to electronics.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:51:47 +1000, "Rod Speed" Gave us:

You're an idiot. They give off nothing. They exhibit a field, however, which DOES attract particulate. What is so hard about that for your 4 inch thick skull to grasp?

Reply to
DarkMatter

At the end away from the FBT ? Its not surprising that you get some one the FBT end given that the black soot ends up on all surfaces around the FBT.

Fair point.

Thats not the reason they arent left on for anything like the sort of time monitors are.

The ESD air 'purifiers' certainly do. But its not black soot, just whats obviously visibly just dust.

Probably, but the ESD air 'purifiers' are DC.

I've never seen the same jet black soot with them.

And the ones in my house are over 30 years in use now, with no cleaning at all.

Yeah, no argument that substantial voltages do end up attracting a lot of dust. Thats very graphic with the outside front surface of the glass tube with monitors and TVs. Its just dust colored tho, not jet black soot.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Sometimes, although more often not, it is black and has the "inside-of-a-TV" odor when you wipe it.

Dust on my monitor face is darker than other dust in my home. And the soil in my area, and in the neighborhood several miles northeast of me where the TV had "inside-of-a-TV-like" dust on the front face, is not that dark.

I think tarry/greasy particles coated with soot (or something else dry) or oxidized into something with a drier surface. Maybe similar to cobwebs

- which are dry to the touch initially, but turn out to be gooky if you roll them up in your hands. And cobwebs are black - certainly darker than ordinary dust - and it does appear to me that electric fields and maybe ionic currents play a role in their stringy formation.

Usually, not always.

Don Klipstein

DarkMatter wrote

Reams of your puerile ranting flushed where it belongs.

Have fun explaining how the dust that settles on the inside of the monitor case adjacent to the FBT 'takes on' that jet black color.

AND other dust colored dust inside the monitor case doesnt.

Reply to
Rod Speed

DarkMatter wrote

Fraid so.

You have always been, and always will be, completely and utterly irrelevant.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yup!

Not all dust particles are equally prone to carrying charges. Different materials rank differently on the "triboelectric scale". Maybe that black stuff is prone to carrying negative charges, and that would explain its being attracted to positively charged surfaces, especially any with corona.

Ever notice that cobwebs are not the same color as ordinary dust?

- Don lipstein ( snipped-for-privacy@misty.com)

Reply to
Don Klipstein

It never is around here. Presumably the dirt is different colored.

Mine doesnt.

Mine isnt. And I just checked that using a damp paper towel, and both a monitor screen and a table top thats visibly dusty.

Dont buy that either, the jet black soot is too fine.

The jet black soot from the inside of the monitor case adjacent to the FBT never gets 'gooky' no matter how much you rub it with your fingers.

Not here they arent. Quite a light brown, actually.

Dont get that either, if anything they are lighter.

What ? There are no electric fields near any of my cobwebs.

Always around here. Never get anything as fine as the jet black soot.

Reply to
Rod Speed

There aint no jet black soot/dust around here except inside monitor cases adjacent to the FBT.

But I have entirely electrical heating.

The inside of a monitor case doesnt have that.

They're lighter colored than the dust here.

Reply to
Rod Speed

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:54:20 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) Gave us:

The anode lead is DC, but it fluctuates. It is simply dust, AND moist or oily particulate that has carburized after being there for so long. TIME is the big factor here. Even after several hours, a tesla coil wouldn't start to gather dust. It is an entirely different animal. AC, not electrostatic as in the charged capacitor that a huge CRT tube IS. Hehehe...

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:15:45 +1000, "Rod Speed" Gave us:

Yes, it is most definitely one assured reason. The main reason in this country.

Do fines and jail time sound desirable to you, dipshit?

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:15:45 +1000, "Rod Speed" Gave us:

No. They are very high frequency rectified AC switcher output, usually. Quite noisy actually, with ripple figures in hundreds of volts.

They are not "air purifiers" either, dufus. ESD "fans" for the work bench are for carrying the flux smoke from soldering operations away from the operator.

AT NO TIME should forced air be blown across an ESD workstation. The fans are for PULLING air away from the work area ONLY.

They also DO NOT clean the air. They merely have a medium level ionizer integrated into them. No cleaning, just ions, and air.

Get your shit straight, you guess as you go twit.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:15:45 +1000, "Rod Speed" Gave us:

Your brain is full of jet black soot. You ARE the one!

Bwuhahahahahahahahahah...

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:19:01 +1000, "Rod Speed" Gave us:

This is one of the most retarded remarks that you make, and you make it often. Says a lot about you.

Have fun being a simple dolt retard about it.

Yer an idiot.

Reply to
DarkMatter