Re: OT: E-mail Address Change

The voice of "Jim Thompson" drifted in on the cyber-winds, from the sea of virtual chaos...

I'm gradually changing over so that all my accounts, vendors, > credit cards, banks, MIT committees, mailing lists, family, > friends, etc., all have a specific address to send E-mail to me. > > That way I can track and cut-off spam at my E-mail forwarding > site, and never see or have to process it. > > I currently have 12 allowed addresses and 30 instant-to-trash.

I went the same route over 2 years ago. One of the things I like about my domain host is the ability to set several email aliases per account and still having a proper "name not found" sent to any aliases I've "decommissioned" or haven't created yet. In total I only have three accounts, but few dozen aliases spread across them.

As for a DLA account, there's no real reason to bother with one. The only thing mine collected was an ever-increasing amount of spam, so after the fall out of Swen I ditched it in favor of a monthly "viral-ignored" address for my Usenet posts.

--
The Tech Zero, Maxwell C.G. Pollare
Reply to