Adjusting a voltage-controlled switching PSU on-line

Hi, I was just experimenting with a simple mostly inegrated audio amplifier circuit that I fed with a 9-24V switching PSU that deliwers some 1500mA max. I mangaed to blow the amp quite strongly while stepping up and down with the PSU voltage.. How does the voltage adjustmeng generally work in switching PSU:s and can I indeed introduce very high voltage spikes while switching between output voltages?

Reply to
Pentti J. Kantanen