Polaroid 600 schematic

Snagged the flash unit off of one of these I found in a dumpster. Anyone have a schematic handy?

-- Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR Control-G Consultants snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Lee Gleason

No schematic but this might help:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Anyone

Will someone actually be putting that back together? Lenny

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper

Sure. If the person doing the teardown took photos along the way, reassembly is possible.

When I tear apart someone's laptop, I like to take photos of the parts of the laptop scattered all over my workbench. Showing the customer a photo of their precious machine in pieces somehow enhances my ability to charge a fair amount for the time and effort involved. Sometimes, I use the photo as wallpaper on their machine. It looks fairly bad torn apart, but usually goes back together without incident.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

no.

I just took one of those apart. It's meant to be assembled as cheaply as possible- we're talking they don't even solder some connections. It's suprisngly well made otherwise.

that 600 model actually has two custom ICs in it.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

This I like!! Way kewl!

Reply to
Allodoxaphobia

It's one of the many jokes I use to keep me insane errr... sane. If the customer asks about the wallpaper photo, I declare that it's the internal web camera giving them a real time photo of the inside of their laptop. Nobody has fallen for that yet, but several customers have taken up to 30 seconds to finally decide that I was lying.

For customers that have problems paying my exorbitant rates, I sometimes use a copy of the invoice as wallpaper.

Another fun trick is do a screen capture of the normal desktop, and save it as a JPG file. I use this captured picture as the wallpaper image. In XP, right click on the desktop, select "Arrange Icons By", and uncheck "Show Desktop Icons'. When the user tries to do something on their desktop with the mouse, nothing happens.

When I replace a hard disk drive, the customer invariably asks about the condition of the recovered data and if anything was lost. I reassure them that nothing was lost, and then hand them a shinny aluminum platter from a disassembled drive while announcing "here's your data".

More seriously, I've made it a point of photographically documenting all repairs that require disassembling the machine. I've had issues proving that the work was actually done, and whether removable options (RAM, plug in cards, PCMCIA, power supplies, etc) were delivered with the machine for repair. A few photos usually settle such debates. It might also be handy if I'm sued, but that hasn't happened.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com               jeffl@cruzio.com
# http://www.LearnByDestroying.com               AE6KS
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff Liebermann schrieb:

[...]

That's mean! Shame on you ;-)!

SCNR

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Not as mean as the one line program that I used to type into Commodore 64 computers, to simulate a failing PLA chip. The border, screen & text would flicker & change colors. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell