OT: Parts bins

Hi,

I went to remove some labels from my parts bins tonight, and they won't all come off. I've tried a couple things. Vinegar, all purpose cleaner for hands and such, Oil soap, and abrasive soap. No luck. Any ideas? Would like to clean these up to re-label for new parts.

Thanks,

Lou

Reply to
Lou

Couple of ideas: Hair dryer set on LOW, use plastic or bamboo tweezers to SLOWLY peel the labels. If any residue, first try using an art-gum eraser, looks like a hunk of crepe rubber shoe sole. If this does not work, try 70 % rubbing alcohol. Next try lighter fluid. Last of all try Goo-Gone or Citra-Solv but be careful, lighter fluid, goo and citra can glaze over the clear plastic or even melt it. Be sure to wash bin with soap and water if you use these 3 agents.

Reply to
sawlake-orange

won't all

for hands

Have you tried lighter fluid (naptha) or else WD40 followed by a solvent or soap to clean off the WD40?

Reply to
worldcitizen