OT: Oh Happy Day!

Spammer Gets His Justice....

...Jim Thompson

But not soon enough. It's an absolute shame that this parasite managed to evade Earthlink's PIs and the law for more than a year, and caused so much harm to Earthlink's reputation. I had a special filter in my procmail scripts just for Earthlink spam. Earthlink got a $16 million judgment against him, but they spent tens of thousands of dollars in doing so, and will probably never see a penny of that recovered. >;-(

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

One down, one million to go

Paul

Reply to
loedown

No, no, no. About 199 to go. See this URL.

If the gummints had any backbone, they could toss these guys in jail and the whole world would be very, very grateful. What? Toss them in jail? Well, the first one on the list is a convicted felon for insurance fraud. Need I say more..

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Hang them all. Why can't email account providers also be forced to prevent mass emailing and all those secondary relays that allow spoofing? The technology needs to be cleaned up to make it harder for these bottom feeders to do mass emailing in the first place.

Reply to
Product developer

and

jail?

Times have changed, and the technology wasn't made to be that secure to begin with. Need new technology, like IPV6, etc. It'll happen someday. Slowly strangling the spamming parasites..

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Problem is the countries that get on the backbone and don't have laws like that.

What ever happened to that shit list program, where ISPs were blocking known spammers?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise