OT: CCAPP.exe ???

Anyone know what "CCAPP.exe" is? My wife's machine just crashed with a message that "CCAPP.exe had committed an illegal act" (or something like that :)

We've had NAV subscriptions on all our machines for years, but you never know when something might slip by.

...Jim Thompson

It's part of Symantec's anti-virus software:

More about me:

VB3/VB6/C/PowerBasic source code:
Freeware for the Palm with NS Basic source code:
Drivers for Pablo graphics tablet and JamCam cameras:
johnecarter at@at mindspring dot.dot com. Fix the obvious to reply by email.

Reply to
the Wiz

That's supposed to be part of NAV- it is the bit (Common Client CC App) that scans incoming and outgoing e-mails I think.

Check out Symantec's web site, there is some stuff on it (below may not come out, and there is more)

Also some references on the web to a virus that calls itself that but is in a different location than in the Symantec folder. Maybe search the disk and/or registry for ccapp.exe.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Bunnydawg

Looks like it's the Win98SE old version of DCOM that couldn't cope with NAV2004 and crashed. I backed up N's machine over the network (I can still see her hard-drive but she can't). Funny thing is I've been shopping for a replacement... guess this will speed things up ;-)

...Jim Thompson

with

something

(I

been

There was an article on anti-spam software in the on-line version of PC mag yesterday. They rated the Norton version highly (Editor's choice), but there was feedback from readers contradicting this. One I thought was interesting said that although at first it worked well, over time it got worse and he finished up with all sots of problems - particularly with ccapp.exe.

Regards Ian

Reply to
Ian Buckner