nicad and ordinary battery

I have opened an ordinary battery to get the carbon rod and the black powdery stuff around it stained my drawer. I had some nicads in there and I was wondering if the nicads would be affected?

Reply to
eswnl

Nicads are sealed, the manganese dioxide will not have gotten inside them, so no damage.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Thanks. A few of my nicads did have furry stuff on the positive ends which made me worry.

Reply to
eswnl