Multi-collector/emitter BJTs

Hi, Is there a commerical BJT part for modeling multi-collector and/or multi-emitter BJTs in spice? Or could I model them just by using two individual BJTs?

thanks! vishwa

Reply to
vishwa

For multi-emitter situations there is no issue and a multiple-transistor model will work just fine.

For multi-collector devices some caution is required if saturation of one collector occurs... you need to add interaction to the model using a subcircuit format.

...Jim Thompson

Or realise that if one saturates, your circuit, in all likelihood, aint going to work, so don't do it. If you don't do it, you don't need a better model.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

Hi, er..there is still some doubt in my mind..for multi-emitter transistors, do i just 'join' the collectors and bases of two BJTs? on similar lines, would it work if I just 'joined' the emitters and bases of the two BJTs? i have never done this before, and hence these doubts...also, what would be a good check to see if the model saturates..by measuring Vce?

thanks! vishwa

Reply to
vishwa

If you are going to physically combine de=iscretes, then i suggest you match the Vbe (all measured at desired operating current) within a few millivolts; a mismatch of about 2.5mV will create an Ie ratio of 1.10 .

Reply to
Robert Baer