looking for some direction on a project

I am a electronics student and designing a project. I am trying t design a handheld drag racing starting tree. I have the basic logi systems down but I am unsure on using a PIC to control the LEDs o counters or do i have to use both. I have not used PICs yet but hav read a lot about them. If anyone has done some sort of project lik this any info would be great

Reply to
bbcmalibu

This looks like what you want to start from. It gives schematic and firmware, which you'll have to modify to do exactly what you want but it's a solid starting point.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor