Linux and Electronics

Thinking about putting Linux on my computer and I've noticed that Linux has all kinds of applications for electronics. I was wondering if anyone around here uses Linux programs for design/sim work in electonics.

Danny Hoskins

Not the best group in which to ask--but, yeah:

DJ is one of the authors.

*-*-*-Eaton+quite-mature-*-*-stable+cost-no-money+GPL-*-*-Automation Porter's milkstone site is down, last I looked, but at one time he had some examples there of just how able the PCB suite is. . .
*-*-*-*-*-*-*+Not-a-separate-edition+it-does-run-under-wine Engelhardt maintains LTspice. . .
*-for-FPGA-design . .
A very old thread; read Madis Kaal's post as well.

Reply to
JeffM

: DJ is one of the authors [of PCB] : JeffM : I short-changed Stuart; he maintains the gEDA suite.

JeffM