LCD or Plasma? (for PC use)

Hi,

Our lab is planning to buy a large screen display (about 40"), to demonstrate the experiment result. The video input will be from PC.

Could anyone give me some suggestion on which one to buy?

Thanks a lot!

Reply to
xoyo

Probably plasma. I doubt there's any LCD in 40" range. I do know at certain size, LCD ends up becoming more expensive to manufacture than plasma.

too late.    - by anonymous Mother in Austin, TX
Impmon

Buy a projector - big pictures from a small box !!

Posted Via Nuthinbutnews.Com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services

Dave Garnett

Since both are available at that size, and you are driving it with the 15pin VGA/XGA output, then either would do.

The latest LCD are better than earlier models for movement, but still 'laggy' so if you plan on showing fast movement then use a plasma.

If your pictures are still/frozen for a long time, then beware of the burn-in problems that can occur with plasma.

hope that helps Andrew

Reply to
Terry Bull

I would go for a 40" lCD with the highest resolution you can find. 1280 x

768 seems to be standard on 40" models. A large screen doesn't always mean any more pixels though. I also look for one with a Digital input. Amazon has several.

There is also a 45" model from Sharp with a 1,920 x 1,080 resolution..

CWatters